Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has rubbished reports linking him Paris Saint-Germain coaching role, calling them “fake news” and “lies”.
It had been suggested that the Italian was interested in taking over from Mauricio Pochettino at the French champions this summer, raising the possibility of a job swap that would have seen the Argentine return to north London.
Conte’s contract runs until the end of next season but he has repeatedly said he will discuss his future with the club at the end of the campaign, with Spurs currently locked in a battle with rivals Arsenal for fourth place.
When asked about the PSG links on Friday, Conte said: “Obviously I think that it’s good that other clubs appreciate my work. This is one thing. But the truth is that I don’t like when people try to invest news, only to speak, only to create probnlems.
“This is not right, not fair for me, for the clubs involved and for my players.
“Also because we’re really focussed on these five games to get a fantastic result for us. I repeat, this type of situation makes me smile.
“But I think that also the people that want to tell something about this have to show respect for all the people involved in this situation, and not invent fake news and tell a lot of lies.”