Paris St-Germain’s Champions League tie against Istanbul Basaksehir will resume on Wednesday after it was abandoned due to an alleged racial abuse on former Cameroonian international and assistant coach of the Turkish club, Pierre Webo.
Istanbul claimed fourth official Sebastian Coltescu made a racial comment towards Webo, who had been issurd a red card following a touchline row between the duo.
Both clubs walked off the pitch in protest barely 14 minutes into the Group H tie, which was still goalless.
The match has been rescheduled for Wednesday from the 14th minute. Kick-off will be at 17:55 GMT.
A new set of officials will be in charge, with Dutchman Danny Makkelie appointed referee.
Compatriot Mario Diks and Marcin Boniek of Poland are the assistant referees with another Pole, Bartosch Frankowsky, named fourth official.
In a statement, Uefa said: “Uefa has – after discussion with both clubs – decided on an exceptional basis to have the remaining minutes of the match played tomorrow with a new team of match officials.
“A thorough investigation on the incident that took place will be opened immediately.”
Istanbul forward Demba Ba, who was a substitute, was seen on the touchline asking the official: “Why, when you mention a black guy, do you have to say this black guy?”
TV footage also showed PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe saying: “Is he serious? We are heading in. We’re heading in. That’s it, we’re heading in.”
There came an official confirmation the game would not be finished on Tuesday after it had been delayed for about 2 hours.
During that period, PSG players were seen warming up in the tunnel awaiting a resumption, but their opponents did not re-emerge.
PSG forward Kylian Mbappe later tweeted: “Say no to racism. Webo we are with you.”
Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the president of Turkey, said he believed Uefa would “take the necessary steps”.
“We are unconditionally against racism and discrimination in sports and in all areas of life,” he wrote on Twitter.