The Nigerian Aiir force (NAF) has released the names of seven of its personnel who died in the aircraft that crashed near the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja.
The Heritage Times had reported that the aircraft (NAF 201) crashed near the Nnamdi Azikiwe international airport while en route Minna, Niger state.
Hadi Sirika, minister of aviation, confirmed that the aircraft crashed as a result of an engine failure.
The NAF listed the deceased officers to include:
- Haruna Gadzama, flight lieutenant who was the captain
- Henry Piyo, co-pilot and flight lieutenant
- Micheal Okpara, a flying officer and airborne tactical observation system (ATOS) specialist
- Bassey Etim, a warrant officer (ATOS Specialist)
- Olasunkanmi Olawunmi, a flight sergeant (ATOS Specialist)
- Ugochukwu Oluka, a sergeant (ATOS Specialist)
- Adewale Johnson, an aircraftman (onboard technician)