Boko Haram has claimed responsibility of shooting down the Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet aircraft, NAF475, that was declared missing few days ago, and later confirmed crashed by the military authorities.
According to NAF’s Director of Information and Public Relations, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, in a statement earlier on Friday, the Air Force said intelligence report gathered indicated that the missing jet that went off the radar with two crew members on board on Wednesday, might have crashed.
Gabkwet also said cause of the crash as well as the whereabouts of the two pilots; Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa and Flight Lieutenant Ebiakpo Chapele, remained unknown.
In a new footage released by Boko Haram later on Friday, the sect showed clips of it shooting down a fighter jet mid-air.
According to HumAngle in a tweet, the video also showed fighters carrying RPG and artillery equipment, as well as an alleged corpse of the pilot and the remains of the aircraft.